Thursday, June 14, 2012

Setting Up Shop

Check out my Etsy shop

I finally did it! Sure, it took the whole damn day, but my Etsy shop is officially open for business. It's weird, because I've never actually shopped on Etsy, so I still have a lot to learn about how it works.

Profile Problems

I have to say, it was unusually hard to set up my shop. For instance, I had to add a picture and write a bio for my profile. Then there was another section where I had to add a picture and write a bio as a "shop owner." Do I really need two pictures and two bios for one profile? Then I had to write the story of my shop. The story of my shop?!? It's been open for like 10 minutes. Then it asked me to add pictures of other projects I've made. I've never dealt with such a troublesome uploading system. In fact I'm fairly certain, that something on the website was coded to figure out exactly what part of the picture I wanted to show and then it pushed it out of frame. I swear I tried to crop and repost my pictures about 4 times. Despite the mental exhaustion of this process, am I thrilled to start selling my crafts. Let me know what you think of my products.


No comments:

Post a Comment