Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Okay to Embellish


Dear Future Bryce,
It's not my fault you're so pretty. 
Love, Auntie Ashley

Before you judge me know this - I make no apologies for trying to expand my business.  I may, however, have to apologize to my nephew in the future for making him my unisex baby model.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there.  Right now, there's a lot more to crochet for girls than boys and he's the only baby I know.


Crazy For Baby Crochet


While I'm only just starting to sell my crafts, I know that my most popular past creations have been the animals hats and toys I made for Bryce.  Everyone loves babies, especially babies in cute crochet creations.  Sure, I'll eventually make stuff for boys and girls, but it's summer, so I thought I'd start with one of those adorable flower headbands.  Why buy my headband? Because it's fashionable and functional, with interchangeable embellishments to go with different outfits!  I came up with the headband and flower designs myself and sewed on a button to make it removable.  To give customers options I went in search of an easy bow pattern.  I thought I'd have to come up with something myself, but Izabel Ignatowska-Motyl's pattern was exactly what I was looking for.


I'll probably sell each headband with two embellishments.

More Fun With Flowers


Of course, I can't let Bryce have all my fun crochet creations.  I whipped up two different flower embellishments for a pair of plain flip-flops.  I'm not sure if I'll end up selling any, but I can see this revolutionizing my own summer wardrobe.  What do you think?  Would you buy my baby headband or flower flip-flops?

Don't forget to check out my Ash-N-Crafts Facebook Page! I'll be posting more pictures of the different crafts I've made.





No comments:

Post a Comment