Friday, August 31, 2012

Recycled Shower Curtain

BEFORE: old shower curtain           AFTER:  new throw pillow sham
For most people, Labor Day weekend symbolizes the end of summer.  Maybe you'll go to the beach one last time, have a cookout with friends or enjoy a good book as you sit by the pool.  I'll definitely be enjoying the nice weather this weekend, but I'll also be working on a new craft to help keep some of the colorful summer fun in my house year round.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

I love lots of things about the summer, especially the footwear.  When I got my first apartment, I decided to go with a flip flop theme for the bathroom.  Of course, some of the decor spilled over into my living room. So when I was figuring out how to decorate my couch throw pillows, I came up with a great idea.  You see, my original cloth shower curtain was more fashion than function.  It tended to hold on to water and continuously drip onto the floor.  I bought a new vinyl flip flop curtain and realized I could use the cloth flip flops for a new pillow sham.  Since an all white background would be kind of boring, I added a colorful polka dot border and backing.  I'm so glad I got to save some of the old curtain and I absolutely love the end product.  It's colorful, fun and totally me.  Now I just have to make three more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment