Monday, July 16, 2012

Not Your Average Pot Holder



Every newlywed needs pot holders...why not make them special?


Not a lot to say about my latest craft, just thought I'd share a picture of the personalized wedding gift I made for my brother and sister-in-law.  The rest of my present was kitchen-themed and I wanted to make them something small to tie it together.  I originally thought of crocheting "Mr. & Mrs." coffee cup cozies, because they're both addicted to coffee.  I knew they'd like the idea but the reality didn't seem practical.  Most people either use a mug at home or get a cardboard cozy when they buy coffee on-the-go.

I love the Ravelry pattern search, because I sometimes have no idea what I want to make and the patterns help me out.  I came across this pot holder pattern from Lion Brand and designed the letters in Excel.  The entire project only took about 6 hours over two days and Krista & Drew loved them.  What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love them! They would make an adorable shower gift for my niece. Do you make special orders for people? How would I contact you with the information?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bette. I can definitely do a special order for you. Send a message to ashncrafts@gmail.com and we can work out the details.

      Delete